2017 Home Tour nominations open
How long has it been since your neighborhood was represented on the Minneapolis & Saint Paul Home Tour? If your answer is “too long,” start thinking of neighbors who might like to help promote the neighborhood. Sources of good candidates include:
• Homeowners who acquired foreclosed or estate homes for total renovation
• Homeowners with growing families who decided to stay and remodel rather than moving for more space.
• People who have home-based businesses or art studios with interesting adaptations for working at home, or commercial space with living quarters in the same structure.
• LEED Certified, GreenStar, GreenPath, solar installations or geothermal energy
• Kitchen remodel or bath addition to better use a small space
• Basement remodel, attic remodel, garage with “cave” or hobby/business space.
If you have any question whether your home would be of interest, contact Margo Ashmore, Home Tour Coordinator, at 612-867-4874. While many nominations have come in, we are still looking for homes to round out the selection, particularly in Saint Paul and particularly involving professionals. 2017 is the 30th year of the tour, and should be a fun milestone!